[WriteLog] File conversion

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] File conversion
From: clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2001 20:40:09 -0000
I have previously been in a not dissimilar situation, where I
kept my log post 1990 in Paradox 4 ( DOS) format. I then decided
to bite the bullet and go for a dedicated logging prog. ( non
contest i.e) This was a  British prog. called Stationmaster, a
very promising affair ultimately killed by poor support( typical
British, sigh). This used an Access2 format which accepted the
Paradox file as an import if I recall

Having decided that I had chosen the wrong logger, I got hold of
Logic 5, which despite a plethora of import options, would not
translate the Access 2 file into FoxPro. However the vendor
kindly did the import for me, which was a major factor in my
purchase. No doubt DX4WIN et al could match this.

Now my contest logs from WL are imported into Logic 5 via the
ADIF option. So what I suppose I am saying is, why not bite the
bullet now and go for a dedicated logging prog. which can then
handle WL files via the ADIF option. After all that's what ADIF
is all about.

73

Clive
GW3NJW

Seymour Miller wrote:
> Now I need a method to convert any output from Writelog to a
> dbase III file.
> Background:
> Have been using Dbase III Plus as a logging program long
> before windows logging software was available.
>  Other contest software that I have used always provided a
> method to convert the output to
> Dbase III. Several dbase
> files containing literally thousands of records have
> discouraged me from
> attempting to convert the files to a
> modern logging program.

GW3NJW