[WriteLog] sound problem- windows/writelog

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] sound problem- windows/writelog
From: KG8DH@aol.com (KG8DH@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 16:52:11 EST
Hello,
I am a new writelog user and am having a terrible time recording sound files
for the upcoming 10 meter contest.  I have read through the archives for all
the months of this year and saw mentioned that someone used the advanced
controls entry under options of the windows volume control.  I am not able to
use that.  It stays gray.  My question then, could it be that I have a sound
board driver issue?  The latest update for my sound card(via technologies)
seems to be giving a lot of folks problems according to their web site.  I
also tried downloading goldwave, but the audio is weak, and very noisy.  I
even used most of the filters available in the program, but the signal is not
suitable for putting on the air.
Thanks
Geary
KG8DH