[WriteLog] K9JY WriteLog Web Site Updates

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] K9JY WriteLog Web Site Updates
From: scot@k9jy.com (Scot Herrick)
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 21:54:52 -0000
All,

I have just finished a fairly substantial update to the web site and wanted
to pass the information along. Specifically, by section:

Setting Up You

- totally revamped the 'WriteLog and MS Windows' section, adding sections
for each operating system type
- totally revamped the 'WriteLog.ini' section and added additional options
based upon the upgrades. This includes adding the 'slashed zero' font to the
Entry Window
- major revamp to the 'Initial Program Setup' section to more focus the
section on one-time setup needed for the program. This includes Master Call
and CTY file updates
- added a new section called 'Universal Setup' that provides both a
step-by-step list for experienced users and screen shots and explanations
for inexperienced users on setting up WriteLog for any supported contest

Operating a Contest

- provided some updates for each of the sections. Made much better
references to access what all the special characters in the automated
messages mean (e.g., %C, %B, %E)

WriteLog Links

- updated the rules for all the contests in January and February except CQ
Magazine sponsored contests (can't find them on their site yet...)
- totally revamped  the 'Other WriteLog Links' section (for about the
millionth time...). Sections are now in alphabetical order, added a 'slashed
zero font' section, added a 'Master Call and CTY File' section, added a
'Contest Calendar' section, and added a bunch of links throughout each of
the sections. It's much easier to read and navigate.

Hopefully, more to come. I am still receiving many emails supporting the
work on the site and they are greatly appreciated. I know my email address
is out there since I got about 50 messages with the wonderful worm virus out
in the last couple of weeks...!

CU...Scot, K9JY

K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at:
http://www.k9jy.com