[WriteLog] Sound with sound card

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sound with sound card
From: gbaron@charter.net (GilBaronW0MN)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 07:58:14 -0600
There have been a few complaints about the sound when using your sound card
for contest exchanges.
I find that it works quite well. After the recording is doe to get the best
result you should really edit the sound files. You will have clicks and pops
and dead spots if you do not. This is especially true if you are using the
ability to synthesize calls by recording all the letters. It is going to
take a good bit of time to get that right. I wish I could remember the url
but there is earlier a post about exactly the steps to do this. The main
idea is to record all at the same level and the same sampling and such. Use
ONE program to do the recoding , bets just use the F keys.

The best I have found to clean up the files is a program called GoldWave. It
is far better that the windows built in sound programs. It is also much
faster to use. It is free for 150 uses each time you load it and the author
has no problem with you just loading it over. You can get most done with the
150. I would give it a try.

http://www.goldwave.com

Gil Baron http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
44:04.925 N 92:30.758 W 1055'