[WriteLog] WPX

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WPX
From: force12e@lightlink.com (force12e)
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2001 12:30:59 -0500
Friends,

According to the new rules for the WPX contest (CQ Magazine, page 44,
January 2002) if a Multi Single operation is contemplated, the
"multiplier" station must keep a separate sequence of the serial number
generated.  My Multi Single station, which I don't think is that unique,
uses two complete stations, each with its own computer networked
together.

Since the "multiplier" station must query the log to verify the
multiplier status of a station, it must be networked to gain the
database which is the log.  I don't think WL can maintain separate
serial numbers and a common log.

Another problem is my two stations often swap character during a contest
as what was the "run" station becomes the "multiplier" station, a swap
that is sure to confuse the software now!

Can any of the software do what this new rule demands?  If anyone knows
how to comply with the new rule using WL, please speak up.

Thanks,

Natan W6XR