[WriteLog] Has Anyone Tried The W2000 LPT Drivers?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Has Anyone Tried The W2000 LPT Drivers?
From: FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2001 08:58:04 -0600
I made the leap and am using XP, it resolved a number of com port issues for
me.
Writelog works perfectly running XP.
Remember that Writelog cannot use lpt interfaces under XP.
Although I believe there is a program floating around that solves that
problem.
I run a dual com port card from SIIG, pci format, that provides the
additional com ports I need.

XP has a couple of advantages over 98. I allows drag/drop to a cd burner,
and it has a 'RESTORE' function that if you goof up your system will return
your computer to its last correctly working date with no loss of data.
I've already used this function and it saved me a lot of grief.

I find that Writelog opens a bit faster in XP than 98SE but as it worked
fast before, I can't see any difference under XP.
but if you are networking multiple computers in a contest environment, you
may appreciate the more automated network setup and configuration.