[WriteLog] suggestions

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] suggestions
From: w1cx@pgtv.net (Loyd Wilbur)
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2001 16:41:39 -0500
BlankToday 4 writelog users had lunch together and tried to come up with
some useful suggestions to improve Writelog. (Among other things.)
I am stuck with the job of submitting them, and still had to pay for my own
lunch.

1. Cursor movement:
    a. When the cursor is moved across the entry window, it can wind up at
the far right, end of the window, and be sort of stuck there. Its movement
should be circular, it should go from the last field to the start of the
first field and not have to walked all the way back to the start.
    b. If the cursor is in a window other than the entry window, it should
return to the entry window when any character key is pressed and that
character should be entered in the window.

2. Old habits die hard
    High rates can be acheived on cw in the 'cq mode' when the 'Enter sends
exchange' thing is checked and F3, F10 and F11 (or whatever) are correctly
filled in. Search and  pounce takes a lot more keystrokes. It can be
improved changing the memory messages to those needed in S&P however. Most
ops don't care about this but if really high rates are your thing, it would
be great if alternate sets of messages for the 3 accelerator keys could be
quickly fetched.

It's a great program, keep up the good work and thanks for listening.
Loyd, w1cx