[WriteLog] Bite Runner USB-to-Serial Converters

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Bite Runner USB-to-Serial Converters
From: jbrannig@optonline.net (Jim Brannigan)
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2001 07:44:53 -0500
Earl,

I just replaced a Belkin USB serial port with a Byte Runner 2 port PCI-220H.
The card installed with no problems and works with W/L and Logic5.
I use this port for a TT OMNI-VI+.  My TNC and key line are on the
motherboard port.

The USB port worked OK, but generated hash in the RX's and was susceptible
to RFI on 40 and 80M running Hi-power.  All types of chokes were tried.  I
think that the plastic case was the culprit.
With the USB port, I had radio timeouts and some control quirkiness.  This
is gone with the serial card.

Previous attempts to install a SIIG PCI card in this Dell 4100 box (WinMe)
were unsuccessful.

73, Jim

> Well I finally had to bite the bullet. I am upgrading the computer on my
Radio