[WriteLog] more 756 Pro II

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] more 756 Pro II
From: kr6e@thevine.net (Ben Grokett)
Date: Thu, 27 Dec 2001 08:51:58 -0800

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C18EB3.BE0D08E0

After checking out the CT-17 level convertor and finding it to be ok.... =
and see polling signals coming from the assigned com port from =
Writelog.... I called Icom (several days ago).
    The tech service person I spoke with at Icom said that the 756 Pro =
II uses a different data format than the 756 Pro and this format is also =
different from the 756.  At this point it appears that Writelog will =
require a "rig" update before it can properly address the 756 Pro Mark =
II.  I was able to properly send and receive data from the radio when =
using a dumb program.

    I will copy the appropriate data from the user manual of the Pro II =
and send it along to Ron (DJ) in hope that at some point in the future =
if/when Wayne has the time he will be able to provide a rig driver for =
the Pro II in Writelog.  I don't know what the data format differences =
are between the Pro and Pro II are but I suspect they are relatively =
minor and will therefore be relatively easy to modify from the 756 Pro =
driver that is presently included in Writelog.

    Thanks to all who provided suggestions/comments about this problem.

73  Ben,  KR6E

kr6e@thevine.net

------=_NextPart_000_0023_01C18EB3.BE0D08E0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>After checking out the CT-17 level convertor and =
finding it to=20
be ok.... and see polling signals coming from the assigned com port from =

Writelog.... I called Icom (several days ago).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The tech service person I spoke =
with at=20
Icom said that the 756 Pro II uses a different data format than the 756 =
Pro and=20
this format is also different from the 756.&nbsp; At this point it =
appears that=20
Writelog will require a "rig" update before it can properly address the =
756 Pro=20
Mark II.&nbsp; I was able to properly send and receive data from the =
radio when=20
using a dumb program.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I will copy the appropriate data =
from the=20
user manual of the Pro II and send it along to Ron (DJ) in hope that at =
some=20
point in the future if/when Wayne has the time he will be able to =
provide a rig=20
driver for the Pro II in Writelog.&nbsp; I don't know what the data =
format=20
differences are between the Pro and Pro II are but I suspect they are =
relatively=20
minor and will therefore be relatively easy to modify from the 756 Pro =
driver=20
that is presently included in Writelog.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Thanks to all who provided=20
suggestions/comments about this problem.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>73&nbsp; Ben,&nbsp; KR6E</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2><A=20
href=3D"mailto:kr6e@thevine.net";>kr6e@thevine.net</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>