[WriteLog] CW keying TS-2000

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW keying TS-2000
From: kw3a@snip.net (Steve Forst)
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 23:04:57 -0500
Hi all and Happy New Year,

Is it possible to do cw keying on a TS-2000 via the DB 9 plug on the rig and
with no connection to the key jack?

I'm getting ready to install a serial card and do the interface cable thing
from the serial port to key jack as per circut shown in help file.

Someone told me this rig should key cw with the serial cable already
connected from comm 1 to db 9 on rig.  And nothing else.

I've tried all kinds of combinations of port and cw ptt settings under the
setup/ports menu.

The best I can get is a steady carrier transmitted that is the proper length
for what is being sent, but no dits or dahs.  Tone sounds ok on another
receiver and ptt switches between tx/rx  no problem.

Am I wasting my time, or am I missing some setting  that will make this
work?

73 Steve KW3A
kw3a@snip.net