[WriteLog] Lost multiplier in RTTY RU

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Lost multiplier in RTTY RU
From: faunt@panix.com (Doug Faunt N6TQS +1-510-655-8604)
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2002 13:40:10 -0500 (EST)
   From: Jim Rhodes <rhodes@evertek.net>
To: <writelog@contesting.com>
   Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 10:06:05 -0600

   I lost one too, and didn't notice till I had quit the program. Found
   several others before exiting and just scrolling back through the buffer
   till I found them. I have the buffer set to some ridiculously high number
   just so I can do just that. Very nice feature if I would just look harder
   before exiting. No software glitches that I know of. No monitor on FSK with
   the 570, so I don't know if I had the "dead key" problem. Thanks to
   everyone for being there.

   At 10:30 AM 1/7/02 -0500, you wrote:
   >At 10:17 AM 1/7/2002 -0500, Ron Kenwood W3ZV wrote:
   >
   >>I lost a mult due entirely to my own carelessness. I failed to enter a
   >>serial number. Dumb, I know. Won't cost me the top spot. But I feel that I
   >>should be protected from that kind of dumb trick. A "Required Field
Missing"
   >>message would be great for those of us who are contest challenged.
   >
   >I agree also.  I forgot to enter the S/N for my 2nd QSO with ZF2NT.  When
   >I realized it, the number had long since scrolled off the screen.  I also
   >forgot to enter a state for some W9 but caught it in time.  If I had been
   >more serious in the contest, I probably would not have made these mistakes.

This is one of the reasons I'd like to see a WF1B-like .AIR file for
WL.  I think these are legitimate fixes to a log, after the contest,
and they're MUCH easier if you're working with a text file, rather
than re-decoding an audio file.

Please???

73, doug