[WriteLog] OT: VGA Resize won't W98- Can't gethigh resolution

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] OT: VGA Resize won't W98- Can't gethigh resolution
From: PTSMANTUA@aol.com (PTSMANTUA@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 23:28:34 EST
Sorry in advance for an OT question but I figured hopefully someone has run
into this before.

Running W98
Trying 3 different Graphics Boards
PNY Technologies Verto GeFrce2 MX200 32 MB Ram AGP 2d/3d
Creative Labs CT6850 Savage4 3D
one other in the box.

Heres the deal,
Kids want to play games that need min 600x800. You click on it to resize, and
nothing happens, it is stuck at 600x800

All other options are there, click apply and it comes back 600x800.
Advanced settings set to allow apply without reboot each time.

Reboots with these settings seem to have no effect, still stuck at 600x800

Monitor NEC Multisync 6FGp which used to resize, sometimes so small I
couldn't hardly see the icons.

Thanks in advance

Reply Direct off list

de Phil