[WriteLog] Hi from a 'newbie' to WL, and a question for the RTTY folk

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Hi from a 'newbie' to WL, and a question for the RTTY folk
From: Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2002 21:11:43 -0000
Hi to all,

First of all, hello to you all! I am new to WL (just a few days), and wanted
to say HI to everyone.
My only interest in WL is for RTTY, and I have a question for all you RTTY
nuts.

My station consists of a Yaesu FT900 running AFSK (no FSK support!).
I have run WF1B for contests for a few years now, and lately have used MMTTY
as the TU.
This has worked very well, although the lack of contest support has led me
to this change.

So, I got WL installed, with the MMTTY module, and pointed the way to MMTTY
all OK.
I started the program, and then found that none of the F-keys actually did
anything!
Well, with a few pointers from Don AA5AU, I found that I needed to set my
rig in LSB before I could get anything to work.

Now, I am not used to running in LSB, as I always do RTTY in USB.
My question is: Can I configure WL to run RTTY with MMTTY in USB using AFSK?

Any helpful suggestions would be welcomed!

Very best 73 to all
Phil GU0SUP