[WriteLog] Direct IO Help

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Direct IO Help
From: kevin.e.mcclure@delphiauto.com (kevin.e.mcclure@delphiauto.com)
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2002 15:59:40 -0500
Hello,

I am interested in getting Direct IO running with the LPT ports on a  HP
computer (P4 - 1.8GHz running Windows XP).  It has one serial port (Com 1) and
one parallel port (LPT 1) on the motherboard.

Some background:  The system has the CompUSA 3 port (2 serial & 1 parallel) PCI
I/O board installed and is running Writelog version 10.29.  The ports have been
re-mapped to Com 2, Com 3, & LPT 2.  I have followed the directions on
configuring LPT for Writelog (i.e. - setting i/o ports to 378 & 37A and 278 &
27A and entering WriteL32.exe for security).  After rebooting, the LPT ports are
still not available.  I even tried looking at the resources used by the ports
and haven't had any luck.

BTW - I can use the serial ports on the I/O board for radio or packet setup.

Any suggestions?

TIA,

Kevin --> WN9O

for Don --> W9IU
e-mail:  kevin.e.mcclure@delphiauto.com

This e-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may
contain privileged, confidential, or proprietary information that is exempt
from disclosure under law. If you have received this message in error,
please inform the sender promptly by reply e-mail, then delete the e-mail and
destroy any printed copy.