[WriteLog] Wish list

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Wish list
From: abriscoe@telus.net (Allan Briscoe)
Date: Mon, 4 Feb 2002 08:07:54 -0800
The number One item on my Writelog wish-list is a very "user-friendly" way
to set up new contests (such as QSO parties, for example) which are not
already supported by Writelog. I envisage this as a separate feature or
module which, when activated would :
- be applicable to, and selectable by check/uncheck boxes , for all normal
contest types (CW, SSB, digital modes, etc)
- provide check/uncheck boxes to select required fields.
- easily allow for field width requirements.
- allow for "auto field advance" or "field advance by Enter key" , by
check/uncheck box.
- provide for customizable point value selection.
- provide a simple way for the user to enter multiplier info, such as
counties, etc. I would have no problem with having to manually enter the
"namedmul.ini" info (ie: VE7=BC, etc).
- provide for report-type selection by check/uncheck box.
- after entering all the required info, provide for automatic update or
addition of any required xxx.ini or other Writelog file, upon saving.

I am sure that I have very probably overlooked many  factors, but, in theory
at least, is this a reasonable request, or just another one of those "pie in
the sky"  ideas that won't fly ??

I await comments ...
Allan Briscoe VE7XB

ALLAN BRISCOE