[WriteLog] Windows XP DEAD HORSE

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Windows XP DEAD HORSE
From: gbaron@charter.net (GilBaronW0MN)
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2002 20:55:59 -0600
> -----Original Message-----
> From: writelog-admin@contesting.com
> [mailto:writelog-admin@contesting.com]On Behalf Of ARS NZ3O (Byron)
> FM29fx
> Sent: Tuesday, February 12, 2002 19:41
> To: Damon Raphael; Writelog Reflector
> Subject: Re: [WriteLog] Windows XP DEAD HORSE
>

> We are humbled by your presence.

The guy has a lot of good points about XP. It is a good system if you have
the right hardware but many things out there have no good xp drivers and
that can cause a horrible experience.

The main thing is if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If XP came with your
machine then it is probably the best thing in most cases as it is almost
certain to have hardware and drivers that are approved and signed.

Be careful about what you add though, be sure it is on the HCL or you are
asking for trouble.