[WriteLog] Icom CIV

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Icom CIV
From: jflanders2@home.com (Jerry Flanders)
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2002 23:03:24 -0500
A couple years ago when I was running ICOM's CT-17 (their expensive CI-V
converter) box with a plain 756, I determined that the signal that the CW
key required was completely different from those the CT-17 required, so I
went into the CT-17 box and brought out that line and wired up the CW
keying circuit with it. Worked for me.

So - it can be done. The main difficulty is finding that wire and making
the connection. Don't forget to tell WL to use it in the "PORTS" setup panel.

Jerry W4UK