[WriteLog] N6TR Kenwood computer interface: Help needed!

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] N6TR Kenwood computer interface: Help needed!
From: vision2000@sunbeach.net (Dean M. St. Hill)
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2002 17:34:21 -0400
Hi Guys,

I just made an interface for rig control on a Kenwood TS850 / TS450, using
the N6TR methodology which uses a 5 volt zener and a resistor as the only
active components.

The interface works perfectly if I type in a frequency into CT, Writelog,
DX4Win... and quickly sets mode, frequency etc. on the rig, but when I move
the dial, the frequencies are not changed in any of the programmes.

Does anyone know if this interface is meant to be a two-way interface like
the W1GEE or if its just meant to do what its doing now.

My interpretation of the circuit is that it should read frequency from the
radio.

Any troubleshooting ideas, or should I not be wasting time and just buy the
W1GEE??

Dean St. Hill, 8P6SH
vision2000@sunbeach.net