[WriteLog] Proliferation of DX RTTY Activity

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Proliferation of DX RTTY Activity
From: w7ti@dslextreme.com (Bill Turner)
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2002 09:30:28 -0800
On Wed, 27 Feb 2002 10:17:42 -0500, John W. Tipka wrote:

>An operating observation here: Writelog 10.30 plus MMTTY plug in works
>better with Win95 than with Win2000Prof here.. Long initialization and
>shutdown times with Win2K (about 18 seconds) in both stand alone MMTTY and
>also the plugin for Writelog.

I wonder if this slowness isn't just built in to Win2000?  I work part
time at a library in town which has 15 public-access computers, two of
which use Win2000 and the rest WinNT.  Part of my job is to boot them up
in the morning and shut them down at night.

The 'NT ones boot up and shut down much slower than my Win98 computer
here at home, but the Win2000 ones take even longer - much longer.  Of
course, my home computer isn't networked like those are, but even so,
the difference is remarkable.  FWIW.

Bill, W7TI