[WriteLog] IT WORKS!!![WriteLog]Anyone using WinVNC or PC Anywhere with

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] IT WORKS!!![WriteLog]Anyone using WinVNC or PC Anywhere with WriteLog?
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2002 00:33:47 -0600
IT WORKS!!!  FIRST QSO MADE WITH RTTY OVER THE
INTERNET USING WRITELOG!!!

The WinRTTY tuning indicator works over WinVNC.  From my
girlfriend's computer in the next room, I was able to access my PC
and run WriteLog on the shack computer through the Internet.

I decided to call CQ.  JA1BHK answered me and we had a nice
QSO.  It was hard to contain my excitement.  I tried to explain to
Maza how I was making the contact but I don't think he understood.

Now my thoughts are going crazy.  Add rotor control  (I had to run
into the shack to turn the antenna to JA when Maza answered me).
An audio link through the phone line to monitor the audio.

I'll have to test a scroll wheel mouse next.  If I can't properly tune the
radio, it will be difficult.  I have radio control, so I know I can change
frequency manually, but that will be difficult on RTTY to tune in the
signal.

30+ years in this hobby and I'm as excited as the day I got my first ticket!

73, Don AA5AU