[WriteLog] My WPX contest setup

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] My WPX contest setup
From: FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com (FireBrick)
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2002 19:49:37 -0600
I enjoy contesting and it's that great opportunity to work those band/mode
slots you either don't have or don't have confirmed.

You have heard of SO2R, will I have a variation, SR2C.
Single radio two computers.

On computer 1 which has rig control and all the connections I run Writelog.
In this case I have it working as a DVK so it sends my prerecorded messages
and serial numbers. WL is connected to the cluster.

On computer 2 I'm running DXBase2002 which has my full log and is configured
to alert me to any SSB entities not yet worked or confirmed.
It also is connected to a cluster.

So I sit here watching TV news and keep an eye on the computer 2 screen to
see if any needed spots appear.
If so, I use WL to jump to the spot, hit the appropriate buffer key and
hopefully work him.
Never taking my hands off the keyboard and mouse, Never using my own
tonsils.
I do the same for cw and rtty contests.

Each contest I manage to pick up one or two of those unconfirmed band/mode
slots.
Consequently each contest offers more TV/snooze time.

Now can anyone figure out how to interface the two programs/computers so I
don't have to do all that exhausting mouse/keyboard work?

I sure hope this doesn't start another harangue over "that mythical level
playing field" and someone insisting on another category.

If we are what we eat, I'm cheap, fast, and easy.

Bill H. in Chicagoland
w9ol@billnjudy.com