[WriteLog] Sound card/DVK problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sound card/DVK problem
From: gbaron@charter.net (GilBaronW0MN)
Date: Mon, 1 Apr 2002 07:03:20 -0600
I am ALMOST SURE your problem is the WORTHLESS TS870 accessory socket. In
MANY of these radio the sound input simply DOES NOT WORK! In other cases it
is because you did not follow exactly the requirements to use it as shown in
the manual. I cannot get ANY sound through my socket for input. Use the Mike
input and a divider and you will be home free. I decided that since I have a
Rig blaster (best way to go anyhow as you NEED that isolation) I am not
going to spend the time and money to get Kenwood to fix something that
should have worked all of the time.