[WriteLog] Parody Island Update #4 - April 1, 2002

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Parody Island Update #4 - April 1, 2002
From: cchrisac0m@cox.net (C.M. Christensen)
Date: Mon, 01 Apr 2002 12:13:52 -0600
Don Hill AA5AU wrote:

> This will be last Update on the RTTY Reflector.  This
> update should be forwarded to any and all amateur radio
> operators.  Please help spread the word about this new and
> exciting adventure.
>
> Update #4 - April 1, 2002
>
> The Parody Island DXpedition team has been finalized today.
> There will be 13 operators, one reporter, one husband, 10
> secret service agents and three doctors heading to the island.
>
> In addition, the team will have 4 Pilot stations, 3 Policemen,
> a Publicist and an Archivist.
>
> All the details of the DXpedition can be found on the Official
> Parody Island DXpedition 2003 web site:
>
> http://www.aa5au.com/parody
>
> I am very happy to announce the final Parody Island DXpedition
> team on this most appropriate day:
>
> Operators:
> Don AA5AU - Team Leader
> Jay WS7I - Assistant Team Leader
> Ekki DF4OR
> Audie K5IC
> Chen AA6TY
> Dave K2YG
> Roy WD5DBV
> Dick KS0M
> Bodie WD5GJB
> Scot K9JY
> Bill W7TI
> Bob NT1V
> May WA1EHK
>
> Pilots:
> Barry W2UP
> Robert G0URR
> Walt AH6OZ
> John NH6XM
>
> Policemen:
> John WA9ALS
> Glenn W6KNB
> Wayne N2WK
>
> Support:
> Ed W1MAG - Reporter
> Mike WA0SXV - Publicist
> Dale KD5QI - Archivist
>
> Other:
> Bob - May's Husband
> 10 Secret Service Agents whose names cannot be revealed for security reasons
> Dr. Evan Williams
> Dr. Jack Daniels
> Dr. Johnny Walker
>
> Because 28 people and all the gear cannot be loaded onto the SS Minnow,
> alternate transportation has been arranged aboard the Carnival Cruise ship
> "Imagination".  We will share the cost of the vessel with CBS, who will be
> filming "Survivor Parody Island" at the same time.
>
> The Minnow will still make the trip to serve as a support vessel and to
> trawl for fresh shrimp for Roy's gumbo.
>
> Keep checking the web site for updates.
>
> 73, Don AA5AU
> Parody Island DXpedition Team Leader
> http://www.aa5au.com
> http://www.geocities.com/writelog

Hi Don,
Thanks for the update! Wish I had known about this earlier so I could
have joined you. It has been years since I have visited the Parody Is.
chain. Happy to say that over the past 30 years I have operated from a
good number of them including Parody, Paradox, Paralegal, Paranormal and
Parashorts. I will see you in the pileups -- it is a new one for me on
Vertical Shift Rtty with CW overtones. Good luck.
--
73, Chris ACØM