[WriteLog] A dream for integration of Logging and control

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] A dream for integration of Logging and control
From: gbaron@charter.net (Gil Baron)
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2002 06:41:05 -0500
Pardon for cross-post but this is relevant to all the groups I think.
One of the great features of Logic logging program, which is in my opinion
the best general logger
http://www.hosnose.com
is the ability for it to use OLE to talk to TRX-Manager
which is one of the best general radio control programs.

WIBNI (wouldn't it be nice if} Zakanaka,MMTTY,Digipan,WinWarbler, and other
programs were able to do a similar thing. They could all use the interface
used by Logic or try to get Logic to support their program the way it does
TRX-Manager. I am not sruehow the interface works. Perhasp all the programs
coudl mimic TRX-Manager so that Logic would not have to change anything?

All of these programs have a logging interface but it is not nearly as good
as that in Logic and the need is to transfer with ADIF all the logs from
these programs periodically. When you are running you are locked out of the
features of Logic unless you disable the radio control in logic. If you do
that you have to enter the Station and Frequency information manually.

If the frequency and Call sign could be transferred to Logic and the control
actions still would work in the programs that would be an ideal situation.
For instance, I could use Zakanaka or WinWarbler for PSK31 and it would
control the radio and get the frequency and such but Logic could log the
contact.

I know this is a dream and it would take a lot of work between authors of
the various programs but it would surely be nice. If evened one of these
programs (especially Zakanaka or WinWarbler for PSK31 and Truetty or MMTTY
for RTTY) were to do this it would be a big step.

This is NOT a complaint about any of these programs, just a dream for an
enhancement.

Gil Baron http://webpages.charter.net/gbaron
44:04.925 N 92:30.758 W 1055'
"Hierro candente, batir de repente"