[WriteLog] ARI International Contest RTTY Buffers & Rules

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] ARI International Contest RTTY Buffers & Rules
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 12:16:51 -0500
I've added RTTY messages to the AA5AU WriteLog website
for the upcoming ARI International Contest along with a link to
the Official Rules.

http://www.geocities.com/writelog

The Official Rules site has moved and is no longer on the I2UIY
site.  The link from the New RTTY Journal site no longer works.

The official rules are at:  http://www.ari.it/cont2002.html

The message buffers I've created are for the Digital modes only
(RTTY & PSK with WriteLog).  Since this contest also includes
CW and SSB, those wishing to compete in the Mixed Modes
category may benefit by creating three separate "dummy" WriteLog
files such as ari_rtty.wl, ari_cw.wl and ari_ssb.wl.  In these dummy
files you will create message buffers associated with each mode.

Your main logging file could be named ari_all.wl.  This way, you
would load ari_all.wl and use it as the main logging file.  The other
"dummy" files would have message buffers created in them for
a particular mode.  When you change modes, go to the message buffers
and choose "Browse..." and select whatever dummy file is for the
mode you are changing to.  The message buffers will then change to
reflect the mode.  I don't know if there is any other way around it,
but this method seems logical and quick.

73 & enjoy the contest,
Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com