[WriteLog] Attn soundcard gurus

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Attn soundcard gurus
From: jimsmith@shaw.ca (Jim Smith)
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 20:58:01 -0700
Hi John,

Don't know if this will help but I had problems with my AWE64 under
Win98SE.  After a few back and forths with Creative it turns out that
the AWE64 uses some dll (or something - no expert here) that is part of
Win98.  At their suggestion I (nervously) did a reinstall of Win98 over
the old one and, not only did that problem go away, no new ones arrived.

Before doing this I suggest you go the the Creative site ans send them
e-mail describing your problem.  They might take 2-3 days to answer but
they do answer.

Hope this helps, John and 73

de Jim Smith    VE7FO