[WriteLog] SOLVED! Bandmap loading and SO2R

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] SOLVED! Bandmap loading and SO2R
From: nr1dx@arrl.net (Dave)
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 23:19:21 +0000
All

Chas K3WW pointed me to the solution I needed below. .......Thank you Chas.

I guess the HELP files (At least not under "BAND MAP") and the Manual
haven't caught up to this yet, although it was in the release notes for ver
10.27

The drill goes like this:

First add the following line to you Writelog.ini file under [ENTRY]
MapCallOnSpace=1

Next, start Writelog in two radio mode and proceed as follows;
Start a CQ (timed/repeating, <ALT><T>) on Radio-1
<SHIFT><ARROW-DOWN>,    this moves the KEYBOARD FOCUS Radio-2
tune around on Radio-2 till you hear a station you want to work or put in
the Band Map for a future QSO, enter his call in the entry window (for
Radio-2) and follow his call with a <SPACE>.   Bingo! the call is entered
into the band map for Radio -2, the CQ continues un-interrupted on Radio-1,

The moral here is in addition to reading the manual cover to cover which I
did twice (once before the contest and once afterwards) Then go read the
RELEASE NOTES!!!

Thanks again Chas

Dave
NR1DX
nr1dx@arrl.net

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns a lesson he can learn no other
way" .... Mark Twain