[WriteLog] CW message from LPT on Win2k

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] CW message from LPT on Win2k
From: kkii@hcc1.bai.ne.jp (Katsuyuki ISHII)
Date: Sat, 01 Jun 2002 22:44:54 +0900
Hi, Guys

Reading the messages by Bob, K2UT and John, VK4CEJ, I have tried to
send CW messages from LPT port, but not yet succeeded.  I have
already installed DirectIO and DLPORTIO, configured.

When I run Writelog, it shows LPT2 port is available.  I feel it is
strange and I don't know why such a thing occurs.  Could anyone please
let me know how to fix it ?  Of course, my PC has only one LPT port
and I think that it is naturally regarded as LPT1 and that Writelog
must do LPT port of my PC as LPT1...

I can send CW messages from LPT port when I run Writelog.  But the
dash is often sent shorter (that is, not 3 times longer than the dot).
It is also strange for me.  Such a thing never occur when I use a COM
port to send CW messages.  Could anyone please tell me how to fix it ?

My PC consists of an Athlon TB 1GB, 768MB RAM etc.  I use a Windows
2000 on this PC.

Thanks in advence.

Katsuyki Ishii (JR4ISF & N8QDB)