[WriteLog] Sound Blaster "Extigy" External Sound Processor

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Sound Blaster "Extigy" External Sound Processor
From: jon@praxisworks.org (Jon Harder)
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2002 20:45:24 -0000
Don and all, --

I've forwarded my original April post to save archival hunting.  Don gave
the essence nicely, and I'd like to add that I ended up buying, and using
happily, an SB-16 PCI ($29.00) which is now my primary sound card (rating
7f).

In my new Athlon XP 1700+  / Soyo Dragon Plus setup, I also have an on-board
C-Media chip that gives a rating of 7b, same as the Extigy, but does just
fine.  These two systems perform perfectly in dual MMTTY SO2R, and also do
well in CW as Stereo AFSK in RttyRite windows.  [Win XP HE.]

The Extigy would have done OK, just too pricey for the 7b rating, I felt.

73,    Jon         K1US