[WriteLog] VHF contest scoring problem

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] VHF contest scoring problem
From: W0eea@aol.com (W0eea@aol.com)
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2002 01:34:40 EDT
Hello WriteLog users,

We used WriteLog for the just passed June VHF QSO Party and had a few minor
problems with it.

First it handles 6 meters in the check call window differently than all other
bands.  Just type
in a callsign without hitting the spacebar and the check call window tells us
it's status except on
6 meters where we have to hit the space bar to see if its a dup or not.  This
is on all computers
on the network.

Also we ran as a limited multi-op so we were limited to sending in QSOs from
5 bands.  However we
made 6 QSOs on a sixth band (903 MHz).  When we marked these six QSOs as
'unclaimed' two things
were done improperly by the scoring module.  First it marked one of the QSOs
as a duplicate instead
of unclaimed.  This QSO was with a rover and had a different grid square from
the other QSO with
the same call.  WriteLog handled such QSOs correctly elsewhere in the log but
mismarked this one
after it was changed to uncliamed.  WriteLog then properly deleted the QSO
points for these QSOs
from the cover sheet and Cabrillo file,  but it did not delete the grids
worked from the total,
and therefore also calculated the score wrong.

Bottom line:  the network worked so much better than the old logger did that
it was worth a few minor
problems.  But it would be nice if they could be fixed before the next time
the VHF QSO Party module
is needed again.

73,

Jim