[WriteLog] [RTTY] Multi-port serial boards

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] [RTTY] Multi-port serial boards
From: rich@w3zj.com (Richard B. Drake)
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 13:06:14 -0400
Yes, I have a SIIG two port PCI card installed with Win XP Home.
I've had it for quite a while so I don't recall if I had to get a
new driver as Ron mentions. But, doing so is no big deal, it is
available on SIIG's web site. The ports work fine and seem to be
100% RS-232 compatible.

That's more than I can say for the RocketPort USB to 4 port serial
hub that I have. That works for some things but not for others and
I often have to unplug and replug the USB cable to get the system
to recognize it. Their XP driver is a beta version and has been so
for months!

----
73, Rich - W3ZJ