[WriteLog] Can't Select LPT Ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Can't Select LPT Ports
From: sdyer@interlogue.com (Steve Dyer)
Date: Sun, 16 Jun 2002 15:16:11 -0700
LPT ports are for printers. That they were used by DOS mode logging programs
for keying was a hack.

Serial is the prefered mode for general purpose use and works fine for
keying.

As has been discussed many times on this list, if you need more ports, PCI
serial cards are cheap and easy to install.

With the advent of USB, both serial and LPT support is going away anyhow.

Steve, W1SRD