[WriteLog] Setting up ports

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Setting up ports
From: scot@k9jy.com (Scot Herrick)
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2002 13:47:43 -0500
>From http://www.k9jy.com section on WriteLog.ini:

" If you want to use a Comm port above Comm 4, you will want to modify your
WriteLog.ini file to match up with what is in the Help file. The Help file
notes the following:

"There are 4 'slots' available for WriteLog rig interfacing. By default,
CommSlot1 is Com1, but you can change that by changing the number on the
right of the equal sign." So in the [Ports] section of the WriteLog.ini
file, you will see the following as the default Com 1:

CommSlot1=1

Let's say that you want to use Com 7 for rig control. WriteLog does not
support Com 7, only Com ports one through four. To get around this
limitation, you can switch your com ports around, or you can designate one
of the 1-4 Com Slots in the WriteLog.ini file as equaling Com 7. You would
modify the WriteLog.ini file to say the following:

CommSlot1=7"

As an aside, I don't know how the RigBlaster does CW unless you mean just
rig control/PTT. I thought it just connected to the Microphone on the radio,
but I have been way wrong before (even today!).

After you have the line CommSlot 1=6 in your WriteLog.ini file, when you
open up the Ports section you will see Comm 6 listed as available.

CU...Scot, K9JY

See K9JY's WriteLog User Support Site at:
http://www.k9jy.com
mailto:scot@k9jy.com