[WriteLog] Network Dies

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Network Dies
From: moored@pixelogix.com (Dustin Moore)
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 14:10:28 -0700 (PDT)
I've searched the reflector archives back 6 months and I can't find anyone
mentioning this problem so I pose it to the group at large:

I have three computers here on the house network and I'm testing my
field day setup. One of the computers is a laptop and it seems to
have a problem holding a connection. All of the machines have Win98
SE and netbios configured and they can all see each other in Network
Neighborhood. The two towers can connect to each other just fine and
exchange call information but the laptop has trouble. When a tower
connects to the laptop (machine N7ry and display name LAPTOP) it
logs:

Exchange fields verified OK.
Established connection to N7ry
Initiating reciprocal connection.
Received QSOs at 5. Merging.
Lost connection to LAPTOP

Both towers loose their connection to the laptop 5 or so seconds
after the "Received...Merging" line prints out. On the other side the
laptop logs:

Exchange fields verified OK.
Established connection to MIKES$95
Initiating reciprocal connection.
Received QSOs at 5. Merging.

Any ideas on why might cause the laptop to drop incoming connections
after a brief period of time

 Dustin Moore - N7XZV
  Computer tech for the N7RY field day operation