[WriteLog] WinZip

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WinZip
From: Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net (Phil Cooper)
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:45:53 +0100
Hi all,

Oh boy, this has created a thread that could go on for ages!

I am using WinZip v7, and although it does have an option to INSTALL, I
suspect most folk just use the usual interface, which then lists the files.
If you click on the setup.exe file, that is when you get this message of WL
not installed.

Just to make it clear, I DO NOT HAVE THE PROBLEM. It was a question raised
by someone else, and because I had accidentally done this, and realised
where the problem came from, I put the solution here.

The point that I was trying to make is that if someone (new, possibly) to WL
asks about this message, then it is because they have tried to run the
setup.exe from within WinZip directly, and not used the EXTRACT or INSTALL
options.

As has been said, if you click on INSTALL, then WinZip does indeed unzip all
the files into a temporary folder, and runs setup directly from there.

And lastly, a bit of humour to lighten everyone:
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

73 to all,
Phil GU0SUP