[WriteLog] DKV on serial port?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] DKV on serial port?
From: hamradio@earthlink.net (Vincent Walton)
Date: Sun, 30 Jun 2002 9:18:31 -0700

I sent this out before, but never got any answers, I am trying again.

I am trying to get the DVK to key the PTT via the serial port, I have made up
an interface to the rig for this, I do know that the interface is working ok on
other programs, and I do have it working on the LPT port, I have tried several
different settings in the port setup, only to have it key up the PTT and lock
in transmit mode, I have to shut W/L down to clear it, I am using Com port 6
for PTT keying.

I am using the Windows sound board, on Win 98se, W/L V.10.30b, works ok on
another interface with RTTY, PSK and CW using the serial port for PTT keying, I
have found out how to make the wav. file for the sound card DVK, and to get W/L
to send the wav. file to the speaker of the computer, other than using the LPT
port, is there a way to control the PTT via the serial port with DVK and the
sound card? is there a setting in Writelog.ini file that need to be made?

Looking at the W/L help files. it looks as it should be working the way I have
it set up now, but no go here.

Thanks,

--- Vince  Walton, K6BIR
--- hamradio@earthlink.net