[WriteLog] User friendly contest software for blind friend

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] User friendly contest software for blind friend
From: wi8w@arrl.net (WI8W)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 00:54:32 -0000
Folks,

Any help you can supply greatly apreciated on the following:

I have a friend who is a ham and is blind.  He simply loves contesting. He
uses a speech program called Jaws that he uses to read the computer screen
running Windows 98.

We are looking for a really good contesting package that is compatable with
this speech program.

We have tried the following already:

NA -  Jaws can read the contest QSO entry dialog but simply cannot handle
the setup menu system.

We are going to try Writelog tomorrow evening using my registered copy.

If anyone has any suggestions or experience with contesting software that
can be used for a blind contester, please let me know.  Also if anyone cares
to post this on other lists they may subscribe to but I do not please do so.
Someone,  somewhere must have something useful.

Thanks

73

Thom WI8W
wi8w@arrl.net