[WriteLog] Function key message not working in PSK or RTTY modes

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Function key message not working in PSK or RTTY modes
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 18:16:12 -0500
Pat et al,

You must tell WriteLog you are using RTTY or PSK31 instead of SSB.
Go to the Bands pull-down menu and select 'LSB is really FSK'.

The problem occurs if you are running AFSK and using radio control with
your radio on LSB.  With the radio on LSB, WL must be told whether or
not you are running digital or voice.

If you are running FSK and radio control, WL knows you are running RTTY
so this problem does not occur.  If there is any doubt, always check 'LSB
is really FSK' under the Bands menu.  This will cure all problems in sending
or not sending message buffers out via the function keys.

When you go to Voice, you must un-check "LSB is really FSK".

73, Don AA5AU