[WriteLog] cw keying, com port

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] cw keying, com port
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 18:03:07 -0500
Tom et al,

Yes, CW is keyed on DTR.  You need an interface circuit to interface
between your COM port and your radio.  A simple transistor interface
for WriteLog can be found at www.aa5au.com/rttyinterface.html.  You
can also use an opto-isolator circuit if you want total electrical separation
between COM port and radio.

The interface takes the +12 to -12 vdc highs and lows from the RS-232
port and converts them to open or ground to key CW on your radio.

You can key CW, PTT and FSK (for RTTY) on the same port as well.

73, Don AA5AU