[WriteLog] USB-to-Serial Adapters Info

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] USB-to-Serial Adapters Info
From: aa5au@bellsouth.net (Don Hill AA5AU)
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 01:20:14 -0500
I've taken recent posts from the MMTTY, RTTY and WriteLog
reflectors concerning USB-to-Serial adapters, along with research on
my own concerning other such devices and created a web page
dedicated to them (www.aa5au.com/usb).

The research was quite interesting.  There was only one such device
that has been confirmed to run FSK RTTY (the Belkin F5U103) even
though there were conflicting reports that others had trouble running FSK
with this unit.

I searched the Internet for USB-to-Serial adapters and placed links for
information on each one.  I also came across NexTag, which is a great
resource for determining where to find some of these devices and what
their prices are.  For example, the Belkin F5U103 ranged from $44.97
from TheNerds to $79.95 from PC Connection.

I'm sure I didn't find all that was out there, but from the list I've compiled,
hopefully others will be able to make a determination as to what they
want, need and can afford.

I will do the same for Expansion Serial COM boards next.  Check
www.aa5au.com/rtty for this info.

73 & thanks for all those that sent me info on what they were using for
USB-to-Serial conversion.
Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.geocities.com/writelog