[WriteLog] AE5P NAQP

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] AE5P NAQP
From: nacham@cox-internet.com (Army Curtis)
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 22:47:46 -0500
Well, this certainly has been an interesting weekend, to say the least.
This was my first attempt to use Writelog after many years of using WF1B
RTTY. I spent several days last week trying to learn the new software,
and getting everything configured. Many thanks to Don and Scott for
their excellent web sites to ease my learning curve.

One hour before the contest started, we received a phone call from a
very good friend that she was taking her husband to the emergency room
at the hospital. Scratch the contest, we went to the hospital. Was
almost 0000Z before we got back to the house to learn via this reflector
that a major solar flare had wiped out the HF bands and I probably had
not missed that much.

In all my setup work on Writelog the previous week, I had never used it
to contact anyone, and yep, my fsk was inverted. Thanks very much to
Leland, W6YX, my first contact, who worked patiently with me to get
things straightened out. Then it was off to the races, lousy propagation
and all. I love this program!! This is absolutely wonderful!

Not the best score I've ever done. I was so worn out from the emotions
at the hospital that I literally fell asleep over the keyboard with 1
hour to go in the contest. But it was a blast, and I thank all those who
gave me Q's.

Here are the results:

2002 North American QSO Party

CALL USED: AE5P    MODE: RTTY  ARRL SECTION or COUNTRY: NTX

                             Valid QSOs multipliers
_X_ Single operator
                             80      31 19
____ Multi operator          40      65 36
                             20      44 21
                             15       2  2
                             10       0  0
                             TOTAL  142 78

  142   QSOs  *   x  78  Multipliers = 11,076 Claimed Score

YES__X_____   TEAM COMPETITION    TEAM NAME PORCH DOGS

Rig:      ICOM IC-756
Antennas: Mosley PRO67-C3 at 90 feet (40-10)
          Sloper at 90 feet (80)

Ps: I am so impressed with Writelog, that I am looking forward to giving
it a try in some CW and SSB contests as well. This is really slick
stuff!