[WriteLog] NCJ

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] NCJ
From: fleming.john@1umc.net (John Fleming)
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 10:47:40 -0500
> We have met the enemy, and they is us.

This is true.  NO matter what your feelings are about things like this, CW,
dumbing down the exams, etc, withdrawing from the journal only hurts even
more.  Some of the old farts are bitter and don't care anymore, but the
younger folks would like to keep ham radio viable.  Withdrawing from QST
just hurts circulation more, so they will take more stuff out or stop.  If
you think that helps ham radio, I think you're wrong.  We need to be doing
MORE, not less!  SUBSCRIBE to more journals, sponsor a plaque, etc.

(Trying to send from another location - Starband hiccuping this AM!)

QST,