[WriteLog] XP Pro and Writelog compatibility

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] XP Pro and Writelog compatibility
From: k9mi@arrl.net (Michael Brown)
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2002 18:23:12 -0500
I'm new to the list, and this has probably already been
ran into the ground. Sorry. I don't currently use WriteLog,
but I have been moved from my radio room, to a small
corner of the bedroom. So, it would be easier to not
have to switch pc's when it's time for a contest. This pc
is a 600 mhz Athlon running XP Pro with 384 meg of
ram. Is anyone else having success with XP Pro and
WriteLog? I can use serial or parallel for cw keying,
and use one serial port for rig control. I use packet
sometimes, but not very often in a contest. This PC
just has one serial port, but I can pull the Byte Runner
PCI card out of the Dos machine and put it in this
one. They do have Win2k/XP drivers for my card,
so hopefully it would work ok.

73 - Mike K9MI