[WriteLog] LPT CW in WL via UserPort in XP - solving the addressing prob

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] LPT CW in WL via UserPort in XP - solving the addressing problem
From: w5xd@writelog.com (W. Wright, W5XD)
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2002 13:16:04 -0500
Its a good idea on XP systems to rename (or delete) FPORT16.EXE.
It attempts to read the BIOS settings for LPT addresses in a
way that only works on Windows 95/98. Otherwise it fails to
read appropriate addresses, but changes the writelog.ini
settings anyway.

Please do NOT set writelog.ini to read only!

Wayne