[WriteLog] Control Functions in Text Files?

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Control Functions in Text Files?
From: RCARIELLO@si.rr.com (RCARIELLO)
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 13:01:55 -0000
Hello to all,
I am writing text messages to send during RTTY QSOs. These files are saved
in the Ham directory and loaded using the ADD FILE function in the Type
Ahead Window. I would like to be able to personalize these messages by
adding the persons name, comments or answers to questions etc. The control
function codes used such as %I, %C,%E for short messages do not seem to
work. Is there anyway to include these types of functions in these messages?
Perhaps to include ASCII coding.

Another question: When the Receive key in the Type Ahead Window is clicked
on it produces what looks like a Large S sign. Is there anyway to produce
this command so that it can be added to messages.

Thanks Rich AA2MF