Fw: [WriteLog] LPT Keying / Windows 2000 using UserPort

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: Fw: [WriteLog] LPT Keying / Windows 2000 using UserPort
From: jon@praxisworks.org (Jon Harder)
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 20:23:27 -0000
George, the message you ask about was my exuberant reply to Alan's discovery
of the free UserPort utility at
http://www.embeddedtronics.com/design&ideas.html   Read what N5NA says about
it in the quote I included in my message. The instructions for setup are
included in the utility download zip.

It works just as advertised on the thread,  and now that we're up to WL
10.34, there are no problems getting it to work with Setup/Ports.  With
earlier versions of WL, you have to rename or delete the old FPORT16.exe
file to stop it from overwriting your LPT settings after Setup/Ports is
completed.

This does seem to have solved the problem of being able to do LPT keying
under XP, and W2K.

73,  Jon     K1US