[WriteLog] WAE and Cabrillo

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] WAE and Cabrillo
From: clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 00:10:34 -0000
Carsten_Steinhöfel wrote:
> One request I have though: Could the focus be set on the group info
> after opening the Alt-R dialog? I always had to type "Alt-R G" when
> receiving a QTC.

Absolutely, I used Alt R <TAB>, same thing basically, but if you
forget, boy have you got a mess to clear up while the QTCs keep
coming at 35wpm!

In fact I found using Alt S for the QSL, and Alt Q for the QRV
message  to be very cumbersome, and I therefore programmed a couple
of spare F ( not shifted of course) keys for this purpose. Of course
this can be done by the operator so no modifications are required.

One other thing I found to be very dangerous was that pressing return
terminated the procedure without an escape route. Because the
functions are used so infrequently, I found it a great temptation to
hit<ENTER> to start a new line in the QTC box. It would be nice (
although hardly high priority) if this key could be  a writelog.ini
function.

73

Clive
GW3NJW