[WriteLog] automatic correction of callsigns

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] automatic correction of callsigns
From: clive@gw3njw.fsworld.co.uk (Clive Whelan)
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2002 00:10:20 -0000
Hi Peter

I'm puzzled. In my operations, the corrected callsign *is*
automatically corrected without intervention, no pressing of
extra keys required, just as in TR.

Not sure how you are configured? I use "enter sends
exchange/qrz" mode, and this works as explained above. I confess
I don't know why folk persist with the old CT <ins> <+>
convention, which seems cumbersome to me. Everyone to his own of
course, but there is a better way ;-). Of course this was broken
in 10.34, but I think it will be fixed soon.

Good luck, let me know if this works for you.

73

Clive

 Peter Egger wrote:
> In CW mode you have to press + for autocorrection. On my
> notebook the + key is <SHIFT>1. This is very unpractical.
>
> TR-log and YP-log both send the callsign correction
> automatically without pressing any key. Is there a way to
> programm WL that it works in the same way? How is it done?
> I would like to send WL an automatic correction after the
> callsign has been corrected in the entry windo

GW3NJW
gw3njw@gw7x.org
Contest Cambria-http://www.gw7x.org