[WriteLog] Win XP and COM1/COM2

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] Win XP and COM1/COM2
From: dj3iw@t-online.de (DJ3IW Goetz)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 21:53:40 -0000
Hello friends,

I'm starting with my new machine running Win XP Home.
The motherboard has two comports, COM1 and COM2. WinXP
shows these active with standard IRQs and E/A addresses.
I also installed a MOXA C104H/PCI PCI to serial expansion
board that gives me 4 additional comports. Win XP shows
these active too, labelled COM3 to COM6.
I connected my SCS PTC-II to COM3 and the FT1000MP to COM4
of this PCI-board. Both work fine!
Then I tried some other stuff and wanted to move equipment
to the standard (motherboard hosted) COM1 and/or COM2. The
different (WIN-)programmes that I tried are all unable to
establish connection through/with these comports.
Any advice/help would be very much appreciated.

73 de Goetz
dj3iw@t-online.de