[WriteLog] OH & HI QSO Party this weekend

To: <writelog@contesting.com>
Subject: [WriteLog] OH & HI QSO Party this weekend
From: walt@hawaii.rr.com (Walt Niemczura)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 20:45:16 -1000
Mike, KH6ND has looked into this. He reports:

After considerable searching and experimentation, I have found what
appears to me to be the best module for Writelog for Hawaiian stations
to use this weekend.

Choose the TX QSO party, in state.

Choose your county as HOOD. This will remain in the entry and logged QSO
fields, no way around it, but not a problem. Just program your function
keys to send 599 HONO, or 599 HONOLULU.

Anytime a Hawaiian station is worked, use the following most similar
Texas counties instead of the Hawaiian county, or the software won't
accept the entry.

Print several of these out and paste them up!

HAWAII = HAYS
HONOLULU = HOOD
KALAWAO = KARN
KAUAI = KAUF
MAUI = MAVE

The TX QSO party module satisfies all of our other needs, exchange
parameters, bands, modes, etc.

The points will have to be dealt with post contest.

Mike
KH6ND

I think that the TX QSO Party module can be useful for outside
Hawaii stations. As an alternative you can use the general DX
module.

As Mike points out the points will be dealt with post contest.

We will generate a set of programs that will process the logs this
year.

The rules (at http://www.pilikia.net/karc/hi_qso_party.html) recommend
Cabrillo format but that will be difficult for some.

I'll set it up so that we can handle Carbillo, ADIF or any time ordered
ASCII text file that has date/time/band/station/Exchanges RX/TX. We'll do
the scoring on the basis of bands/modes here.

Hopefully we'll get this firmly set up in September for next year. This
one was kind of last minute. Sorry about this. Maybe some inspired
programmer will do this for Writelog before next August. Maybe I'll get
a bit of help and put a module together myself.

We'll be posting the scores on the Koolau ARC WEB site when they are
ready. Hopefully sometime in late October. I'll post an announcement to
the appropriate reflectors when it is done.

73 and Aloha,

Walt
AH6OZ